Welcome Back – Friendly Reminders
Aloha Y Members,
We hope that this email is finding you well, healthy, and excited for our re-opening of our fitness center. First and foremost, our team here at the YMCA would like to thank you for staying with us, staying healthy and safe. We appreciate your kind words and tremendous support of our modified reopening schedule. Keiki at our Summer Day Camp occupies the Y Monday-Friday from 6:30am-5:30pm and we appreciate you sharing the Y during the weekdays by giving them a safe space to enjoy while school is out.
Tomorrow, Friday June 26, 2020 will be our first night and 24 hours weekend availability of our fitness center and a full weekend schedule of fitness classes.
We are excited to see you back again, but before you do, we wanted to share a few changes that you can expect upon check-in. Please note that the earliest you may check-in at the front desk is 10-15 minutes prior to your scheduled booking time.
1. Please be sure to have a signed COVID-19 Waiver prior or at the time of first class/workout session. We’ve attached the page link to access the waiver for you as a convenience to have it ready upon check-in or as an alternative, we will have printed copies available on check-in that you can complete and sign. https://islandofhawaiiymca.org/programs/health-fitness/
2. Please wear a facemask upon check-in, throughout rest periods, and exiting.
a. Wearing a facemask is optional during a workout session or fitness class.
b. If you happen to forget to bring your facemask, don’t worry, we’ve got you covered. We have limited supply available for sale at $2.00 each.
c. Wearing hand gloves are optional as well. If you wish to purchase a pair of hand gloves, we have Large and X-Large hand gloves available for $1.00 per pair.
3. Please bring your own water or sports drink. Water stations will not be available at the facility. Should you need water, we have bottled water for sale at $1.00 per bottle.
4. We encourage you to bring own your hand- towels; there will be no towels available to use.
5. Remember to bring your gym fob to access the facility, it will be available for scanning at our new front desk upon check-in.
6. All Y members entering our facility will be required to have a temperature check. Anyone with a temperature of 100.4 degrees will be asked to refrain from enter the facility and to seek medical attention.
7. All Y members will be required to sanitize their hands at the front-desk prior to entering the facility. There will be sanitization stations equipped with hand sanitizers, paper towels and Clorox spray available throughout the fitness center and the multi-purpose room for additional sanitization of hands and fitness equipment.
8. Members will be required to clean equipment before and after each use.
9. Members will be asked to use only one piece of equipment at a time (i.e., no circuits) so that machines are cleaned after use.
10. Entrance and exit of the fitness center will consist of two separate areas. The entrance will be through the front office entrance and the exit will be through the left side door of the multi-purpose room.
11. The lower and upper parking lot will be available after 5:30pm (Monday-Thursday) and throughout the weekends from Friday-Sunday.
12. Payments are due by July 5th and if you are set up for auto billing, payments will be scheduled for July 5, 2020.
13. Please practice social distancing and enjoy. Welcome Back!
The Y Team